Are you an entrepreneur struggling with burnout? Is it possible to avoid burnout as an entrepreneur? Join us as we delve into the signs, strategies, and challenges of avoiding burnout, with expert insights from Krystal Eicher and Wendy Guth. Discover the importance of self-care, setting boundaries, and seeking support, but beware…the path to avoiding burnout may not be as clear-cut as it seems.
There’s a taboo topic in the entrepreneurial space that probably resonates with you more than you realize.
It’s a silent killer of entrepreneurial dreams.
A topic that encourages whispered conversations and side eye glances.
And one that’s perfectly normal and dare we say, predictable, in our community.
So why does no one bring up the B word?
It’s time we talked about it – and did something about it.
In our latest episode of Purposeful Podcasting, we dove deep into a topic that hits home for many of us: B-U-R-N-O-U-T.
But if you were thinking of another B word … we’ll save that for another day. 😉
Whether you’re currently feeling burned out with your business or are worried it may be coming down the line… here are the reasons you should pause and listen to the full episode:
- See how movement combats burnout as an entrepreneur in surprising ways
- Understand why entrepreneurs are prone to burnout – and afraid to talk about it
- Know what happens if you’re a mompreneur + burned out
- See the signs to watch out for or notice in yourself or others
Not only do we tackle all the things you need to know ABOUT burnout as an entrepreneur, but we also dive into how to work through burnout and even prevent it.
Here’s the thing, being aware of burnout is fabulous. Especially if it wasn’t totally on your radar or been talked about in your inner circles.
But it’s not enough.
You have to actually take action to keep yourself in a healthy space, not only for your own sake – but for everyone who depends on you.
We’re launching a 21-day Endurance Challenge on Saturday, Sept. 16 that is geared towards this exact thing.
To be honest – we’re doing it not only because this episode resonated with us, because burnout is a shared experience in the entrepreneurial world.
But also because we’re not immune to it either.
If you listen to the podcast (go, on it only takes 17 minutes at 1.5 speed) – you’ll know that tiny steps can make huge progress in your business, your health, your relationships…. But literally taking the first step is the hardest.
How do you flex that endurance and resilience muscle if it’s been dormant for so long? Or ignored? Or not needed until now?
We don’t have to remind anyone what lurks around the corner in barely over 3 months…. HOLIDAY DRAMA.
If you’re looking to Q4 with a mixture of angst and excitement – let’s start it off well.
Wellness for you. Wellness for your business.
Have you experienced burnout before? What techniques do you use to avoid burnout in your entrepreneurial journey? Have you faced burnout and overcome it?
Share your thoughts with us on our social media channels or by replying to this email.As we head into a busy fall for so many, keep an eye out for our upcoming episodes as we continue to explore ways to bring purpose and passion into your entrepreneurial journey while maintaining your well-being.
In this episode, you will be able to:
- Uncover the hidden epidemic of burnout among entrepreneurs and its ripple effects on business health.
- Decode the subtle indicators of burnout, usually masqueraded as part and parcel of the entrepreneurial lifestyle.
- Master pragmatic techniques to alleviate and navigate through burnout successfully.
- Grasp the power of setting boundaries and self-care rituals in fostering a robust work-life ecosystem.
- Unlock the potential of strategic delegation and outsourcing as your secret weapon against entrepreneurial burnout. List 3:
Set boundaries and learn to say no. Sometimes doing less or taking a step back is the key to avoiding burnout and finding balance. – Wendy Guth
Identifying red flags and symptoms of burnout
Recognizing the signs of burnout is crucial in its early prevention. Typical symptoms such as lack of motivation or procrastination, feelings of hopelessness, and difficulty with problem-solving indicate that an individual may be headed for burnout. Developing an awareness of these red flags can enable entrepreneurs to intervene early and take steps to prevent further emotional exhaustion.
The resources mentioned in this episode are:
- Prioritize self-care: Make sure to get enough sleep, exercise regularly, and eat well to maintain your mental well-being.
- Listen to the Purposeful Podcasting episodes on managing the mental load and juggling motherhood and entrepreneurship.
- Consider hiring help: If possible, hire people to assist with tasks that are not your passion or strength, allowing you to focus on what you love and reducing the risk of burnout.
- Set boundaries: Turn off your phone at a certain time, prioritize family or personal time, and learn to say no to things that may overwhelm you.
- Take care of your physical health: Get enough sleep, exercise regularly, and eat well to maintain your mental well-being.
- Delegate and outsource: Consider outsourcing tasks or hiring help to alleviate the workload and allow yourself more time for self-care and rest.
- Invest in yourself and your business: Instead of spending money on courses or programs to DIY tasks in your business, consider hiring professionals to save time and prevent burnout.
- Seek coaching or professional help: If you’re feeling overwhelmed and burned out, consider working with a coach or seeking professional help to navigate through the challenges and find strategies to overcome burnout.
If you are interested in starting your podcast, grab our free guide at https://purposefulpodcasting.com/guide
If you are interested in launching your podcast in 2023 you don’t want to miss our Purposeful Podcasting Bootcamp. You can learn more at https://purposefulpodcasting.com/info
Meet your podcast hosts:
We are Wendy and Krystal – two travel entrepreneurs turned business and marketing coaches, respectively. We help female entrepreneurs create the life they want and define their voices to make more impact in the world. We do this through various programs that help female coaches and consultants launch masterminds, achieve short term goals in their businesses through private coaching, and launch podcasts to help grow their community and establish themselves as thought leaders.
Our podcast covers all the issues we face as female entrepreneurs – from juggling our multiple roles as mothers and business owners to the ever changing landscape of online business.
Connect with us:
Loved this episode? Leave us a review and rating!